Category Archives: Uncategorized
This is a wordpress post for Chandan. You would need to add to the post any sort of description you want to share with the public.
You could also include a link to the animal’s description.
We’re shaking things up in 2014! PAWS WALK (previously held in September) is moving to July!
In an effort to take advantage of the warm summer sun, the 24th Annual PAWS WALK will be held the evening of Tuesday, July 29th at Lindenwood Park and will include: music, games, free food/beverages…and of corse the PAWS WALK itself! One fun-fulled night the WHOLE family can enjoy. All while supporting the shelter animals of Homeward Animal Shelter who are patiently awaiting their forever families. So, mark you calendars and please join us on July 29th for the 24th Annual PAWS WALK – Stride for Strays!
Please take a moment to take a look at the 2013 Community Benefit Report of all those who supported the shelter animals of Homeward Animal Shelter in 2013. Thank you all for you support, we couldn’t have done it without you!
We are in search of a Animal Care Technician to work 20-25 hrs/week. Hours vary, but the ideal candidate will be available at least 2 weekday mornings, 1-2 weekday afternoons and most weekends (2-3 per month). We are pretty flexible with scheduling, and will work around school/other job schedules for the right candidate.
Shifts are as follows:
Morning shifts: 7:30am-10 or 11am
Afternoon shifts: shifts between 2 and 8 hrs long between the hours of 11am-7pm
Weekend shifts: include morning shifts as well as shifts varying in length between 10am-6pm
- The direct care of the animals housed within our shelter, including but not limited to: feeding, kennel disinfecting, medicating, bathing, etc.
- Ensuring the health of the animals through proper cleaning procedures.
- Working with customers to find them a pet that will fit in with their family. Duties include: working directly with customers, introducing animals, answering phones, responding to emails, and other office work that is essential to finding our pets new homes.
- Ensuring that the shelter is kept in a clean and organized manner that makes it presentable to the public.
- Driving the shelter’s van to drop off/pick up animals from the local pounds, vet clinics, groomers, etc.
Starting pay is $8.50/hr. and candidate can start immediately. If interested, please fill out an application here and scan/email to Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 701-239-2580, or stop in to the shelter to fill one out.
We are looking for an Administrative Professional Volunteer to assist in the office for 2-3 hours each week. Volunteer will help us with filing and clerical office work. We are looking for someone with the following gifts/talents: organizational skills, detail-oriented, computer skills, knowledge of filing systems and clerical background preferred.
If you are an administrative professional and are interested in volunteering for our organizatin, please fill out this Administrative Professional Volunteer Application and either scan/email to Nukhet at NHendricks@homewardonline.org or drop off at the shelter. Thank you!